Senior Software Engineer
- San Pedro Sula or Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Full Time
About The Role
Looking for that next step in your engineering career? PartnerHero continues to grow and we're currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer. The Senior Software Engineer is an adept individual contributor, as well as a collaborator and mentor to others in the PartnerHero Engineering organization. They are passionate about working alongside software engineers, quality assurance engineers, product managers, and product designers in the complete software development lifecycle – from understanding product requirements to software design, to testing, release, and subsequent maintenance.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Senior Software Engineer will support the existing lead engineers in architecting and supporting the implementation of the product strategy. They will work with product teams in designing and building SaaS-grade features, as well as own the specification and implementation of a variety of infrastructure and architecture projects that have a direct impact on our SaaS offerings.
Our Development Ecosystem
Most of our infrastructure is heavily reliant on Google Cloud Platform components, including Firebase (Hosting, Cloud Functions, RTDB & Firestore databases), App Engine, Cloud Run, and CloudSQL (Postgres and MySQL). We use Github for version control, and Github Actions to power our CI/CD pipelines. As we start to think about SaaS, we are reconsidering the use of certain GCP components to better accommodate an external audience, while keeping scalability and costs in mind.
- Strategizing, Planning & Executing
- Supporting existing platform teams in the design, specification, and implementation of SaaS-grade functionality that meets technology and business requirements
- Supporting Platform Engineers in assessing technical debt and ensuring it is being effectively identified and prioritized
- Leading multiple cross-product infrastructure and architecture projects from a planning and implementation standpoint, including:
- Robust, well-documented subscription, payment processing, and authentication mechanisms
- Documentation and implementation of a standardized Firebase Firestore backup mechanism
- Collaborating with Design and SQA to ensure alignment on development initiatives that pertain to our platform products
- Collaborating with DevOps in the specification and build-out of code analysis, continuous integration, and continuous deployment pipelines tailored to support SaaS offerings
- Collaborating with Engineering leadership in defining, documenting, and implementing standards around how GCP components are leveraged for SaaS products
- Proactively pairing with engineers in multiple teams to introduce patterns and technologies that they advocate for
What You Bring To The Table
- As an experienced SaaS developer, you are comfortable designing and building SaaS features that achieve short and long-term business goals. You have a firm grasp of system design, data structures, and algorithms and know how to apply them in building a market-ready product.
- As an adept collaborator, you are driven to share your knowledge and experience with others. You strive to uplevel those around you and propagate your know-how across the teams you work with.
- As an influencer, you are an advocate for efficient, battle-tested development practices. You communicate clearly and effectively to technical and operational audiences and can navigate between in-depth technical conversations and leadership-level strategic discussions.
- As a seasoned software engineer, you are hands-on and comfortable writing code. You keep up with industry best practices and have strong experience writing clean code that can be easily interpreted and maintained by others.
- 4+ years of experience in web development as a full stack developer
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining SaaS products from architecture, planning, maintenance, and implementation standpoints
- Strong understanding of Docker, Git, BigQuery, Kubernetes, and microservice architectures
- Strong understanding of the drivers of scalability, performance, and reliability on web services
- Strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding in the context of cloud services
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including working across geographies and cultures
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data infrastructures
- Experience writing and maintaining software documentation
- Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining web service APIs
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud computing platforms
- Good working knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Comfortable collaborating with team members and conducting code reviews
- Comfortable working remotely, self-sufficient
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental and vision options depending on location
- Paid sabbatical leave
- Access to free posture-based fitness workouts from home
- Training opportunities provided by PartnerHero and outside entities
- 1-on-1 coaching with feedback sessions, mentorship, and opportunities for cross-functional development
PartnerHero is a mission-driven company with a passion for helping good businesses succeed. We build teams that help companies scale in every facet of their business—from customer support to Software QA, content moderation, design, engineering, and more. We work with over 75+ tech-forward companies including Etsy, Udemy, Good Eggs, Grindr, and Bentobox. PartnerHero not only offers fair compensation and benefits, but a culture that values inclusion, belonging, and opportunities for professional growth.
How We’re Different
Historically, the outsourcing industry has valued profit over people and compensated for high turnover by underpaying employees. We want to change that. PartnerHero not only offers fair compensation and benefits, but values inclusion, belonging and opportunity.
Read more about our Core Values and story here.
PartnerHero is committed to ensuring your privacy and the protection of your personal data. By filling out the forms associated with your job application and submitting your data to us, you are giving us your consent to process your data and store it for potential recruitment and hiring purposes.
To understand more about PartnerHero’s privacy program, including your rights and options for managing the personal data you submit to us, please visit our Privacy Center here.